10 December 2010

It's hard to tink of witty names for blogs when you're a business graduate

So this week the Student Assistance Fund is edging ever closer to payment. I had hoped it would be week 12, but we are assured that payments can be made beofre Christmas once we get people to sign forms of undertaking stating what they are getting money for.

So Monday was pretty routine, started out with a Sababt meeting, boring stuff. I had to call into my letting agent to get a new mattress as I was receiving no email reply. Dyno Rod also made a trip to my house and the mattress arrived on Tuesday...that little personal visit nudge worked out well!

So yesterday I did the annual pilgrimage to Musgraves to get small tokens of appreciation (small box of chocolates) for the people who help in the University throughout the year. There are plenty that do lots of unseen work and that are extrememly helpful and we like to show appreciation for that.

I met with Campus Life during the week about issues in the cost of on campus accommodation. UL On campus accommodation is the cheapest nationally, but I did point out that it is local comparisons that are needed. There are issues in service level that push the cost up and there is re-investment. Plassey is undergoing a complete refurb, from carpets, sinks, TVs, even kitchens and windows and that is 50% complete. The total cost runs over €2 million. Over €1 million will be spent next summer on Kilmurry and Dromroe on fittings upgrades. The rents facilitate this and the 24 hour in village support. I have however requested that rents be reviewed.

Budget 2011 was announced on Tuesday. There are a number of changes affecting students, but I'll look into that more whn I get a chance some time before Christmas hopefully.

Voter Registration is going well. Don't forget to call in next week on Tuesday evening 7-8pm to have the GardaĆ­ stamp your form.

I've cleaned the fish tank in the office. It was really long overdue, I've bought a few new fish for it too as the filter eats a lot of them.

I've opened a feedback thread over on the UL Forum on Boards.ie for anyone who has any feedback for me. I can't please everybody adn I won't be able to give answers that people want, but that's not how I operate. I give the straight answer, not false hope.

Dropping my housemate to the airport this morning I came across an idiot driving a silver Mondeo. He was planted in the overtaking lane on the way to Shannon plodding along at about 90-100km/h. So I waited for him to pass the one car in the left lane, then put on my indicator and when he didn't pull in I flashed the lights. At this point there were 2 other people behind me trying to overtake also. HE BRAKED!!! Fucking muppet. I beeped and he EVENTUALLY pulled in about 2 km down the road. I beeped again passing and pulled straight back in. The 2 cars behind me passed and pulled in. What did he do?? That's right, Muppet MacCan't-Drive pulled back into the overtaking lane!! Dear idiot, I wish on you this Christmas 10 minutes on an Autobahn!! - There's my rant of the week! If I remembered his reg I'd have reported him for failing to keep left (which incurrs 2 penalty points). That, my friends GRINDS MY GEARS!

Tea, coffee and hot chocolate has been ongoing for the week and will resume from 1-3 on Monday in the SU Photocopy Room

Apart from that I now have to go and get Jeans for the staff Christmas party as all of mine have developed random holes over the past few weeks!

Have a good weekend!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment